Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Mother, My Muse

Me: Mom, the pictures hanging in our living room don't go with the new Coastal Living theme, but it's a pretty big wall and I'm not sure what to put there...help!

Mom : I'm on it.

A few days later...

Mom: Ok, so I went through my decorating books and magazines and I have some ideas...I'm sending you some magazine pages for inspriation. What if you made that wall a photo wall...you could put some shelves up and have pictures in various frame sizes stacked on a shelf...but make the pictures of things, not of people. You could go downtown to Annapolis and take pictures of the water in the sepia tone...ohhh, that'd be so much fun!!!

Me: Great idea...I'll let you know what I come up with

A few more days later...

Me: Mom, I think the shelves I found that I like will stick out too far from the wall and you'd hit your head everytime you walked back to the computer. But, from your magazine pages of inspration, I think I like the idea of same size frames in a square pattern. I'm on my way to Annapolis to take some photos...

Mom: Send them to me when you're done!!!

Yet more days later...

Me: Mom, my photo shoot turned out to be not just water/boat stuff, but rather a photo shoot of Annapolis. I sent you the pics...what do you think?

Mom: LOVE THEM!

Me: I have to wait until Friday to get the frames, but I think it's going to be my weekend project...want to come help?

Mom: book it, danno!

Saturday...

Me: Mom, I had to drive all over God's creation last night (1 Walmart, 2 Targets and a Michaels) but I finally got 16 frames with 16 mats and spent two hours this morning with a tape measure and a pencil, but they're finally up on the wall...I e-mailed you pictures...

Mom: Looks GREAT!