Sunday, June 8, 2008

The only thing missing were Tootsie Rolls

For as long as I can remember, my Grandpa Diehl was in politics...first he was the Tax Assessor, then the County Commissioner for Vigo County, Indiana. (My Dad claims he also drove a coal truck and took Larry Bird to school when he was a student at Indiana State...sounds suspect to me :)) I can remember spending summers on the campaign trail, shamelessly using my childhood cuteness to sway votes. More often than not, this included parades...and parades equal throwing tootsie rolls.


Last Saturday, Demetri was asked to help out for Andy Harris' campaign during the parade for the Cape St. Claire Strawberry Festival. Here are a few shots...what you can't tell from the photos is that we had Stars and Stripes Forever blasting from the radio...it was a little slice of Americana!


BUT, the only missing were the tootsie rolls...