Monday, June 23, 2008

Mental Health Day

I love Mental Health days...you kind of feel like you're cheating "the man" :)

After waking up lazily at 8:30 (which really is sleeping in for me ) I came downstairs and had my coffee, stalked my friends, and then Taegan and I went to some friends to crash their pool...it was around 85 degrees and sunny...what a better way to stick it to the man than to lounge around in the pool catching some sun...well it was a bit more than "some" sun, but more on that in a second...

We left the pool after a few hours and headed to Ikea - I'm currently disgruntled with the decor in the living room so we went to Ikea to get inspired...picked up some things that I'm not sure I like, so I'll wait to discuss that that little dilema later.

Back from Ikea to discover that I got quite a bit of sun actually...really red on my chest and some spots on my arm...you can tell where I missed with the sunscreen. I'm EXTREMELY red on the front of my legs...but the front only and you can clearly see the line of demarcation down the sides...pretty funny.

currently, the world is ending outside...all of a sudden it's pouring...like the kind of pouring that makes it hard to see to the end of the deck...with the wind and the thunder and the whole bit. It's kind of scary actually...big ole fat rain and maybe hail...my poor hydrangeas are all toppled over...

i haven't had the TV on since I got back from Ikea, just the radio, and I forget how peaceful it is...but this rain isn't a joke...seriously...