Thursday, February 7, 2008

One less to choose from

My quest to find a candidate has apparently become a little easier. Mitt Romney has decided to suspend his campaign. One problem...I was beginning to think this was the guy I was going to vote for.

So, now I'm left to choose between a guy that reminds me of the blue cartoon dog, Huckelberry Hound, or the guy who just looks too old. Fantastic.

Or, I could choose between the crazy lady and the guy who's too young to know any better...ain't this country great!

Here's what I want. I want a candidate that's going to fairly tax me...I'm okay with paying taxes, it's what happens when you live as a part of a civilized society and "common" things need to happen (i.e. roads, general safety, etc.) I don't want to have to pay a disproportionate share just because I make more money than the next guy, which by the way, I earned by going to school and working hard, not asking for hand outs.

I want a candidate that's going to keep me and my family safe...someone that's not afraid to push the button if the time comes and is willing to go on the offensive, rather than defensive, when it comes to the safety of our country.

I want a candidate that's not going to tell me what he thinks I want to hear, but what he thinks is right, and then be willing to work with people to accomplish the goal...not bully people.

I want a candidate that believes in God, but isn't going to force his religion on me.

I want a candidate that believes that marraige is between a man and a woman and that abortion is wrong, but doesn't feel it necessary to amend the Constitution to say so.

So, only 5 more days to find that guy...